Friday, June 3, 2011

First hand on App Inventor



I have never thought that I would be doing this.
Yes, I have done some pascal and c++ programming in my polytechnic and uni days more than 12 years ago. Nothing much on the visual stuffs. So, this is something challenging for me.

While having my usual coffee breaks with my colleagues, I was told about the simplicity of programming an android app using google's very own App Inventor.  If you are interested, you can read about it from here:
http://appinventor.googlelabs.com/learn/gettingstarted.html

There are some tutorials at the site to get you started.

I took me about 15 minutes to the PC and phone set up for some serious development work. :)
Another 15 minutes to get familiarized with the development UI. And 10 minutes for the first android app - "HelloPurr"!

Amazing! Barely an hour to get my first app running on my htc phone without any problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment